KnitterPatter

Monday, April 18, 2005

New KnitCast!

I just received a notification from KnitCast that there is a new KnitCast available. Apparently it's an interview with Lily Chin. Should be worth a listen, if only to see if she is as annoying in interview format as she comes across in her book The Urban Knitter and the articles I've read about her.

I you haven't yet checked out KnitCast, you definitely should. To my knowledge, it's the only podcast available on the subject of knitting, and I found the first four episodes a thoroughly enjoyable accompaniment to my recent business trip. Looks like the latest KnitCast is going to be available just in time to go with me on my upcoming business trip, for which I leave Wednesday morning. My only complaint is that it doesn't come out more frequently! It's great to be able to put a voice with internet presences like Wendy Johnson of http://www.wendyknits.net and Stefanie Japel of http://www.glampyre.com.

I'm schlepping my laptop and digital camera along on this nine-day extravaganza business trip to Ohio, so hopefully I will be able to do some blogging while I'm on the road. Maybe that can be the theme of this blog -- where is Andrea knitting now? My knitting has certainly made many journeys, from business trips to canoe trips. The most exciting knitting portion of my upcoming trip is bound to be my weekend road trip to Threadbear Fiber Arts Studio in Lansing, MI. Okay, so it's five hours of driving each way -- what's a little time in the car to an obsessive knitter? Too bad I'll be the one driving...

Coming soon: check this spot for actual knitting content. I have been doing some knitting lately, particularly on socks. I've been working on finishing up a couple pairs of socks from the Six Sox Knitalong, which is going to end up being the Four Sox Knitalong for me.