Friday, August 04, 2006

A bit belated...

At the beginning of July I had a little over a week off work, which was a much-needed break. I didn't go out of town or anything, just spent time locally. Back then I took some photos that I meant to blog, and now I'm finally getting around to it!

But before that, here's a photo that I meant to post a while ago and didn't:

Knitter Michele and Handsome Baby Nate!

Here's a photo of Michele and her baby, Nate. The NPJ Knitters had a baby shower for Nate a few months ago, too, but for some reason I must not have had my camera with me. What a cutie!

On the 1st of July, Charlie and I went to a special "meet the team" event for the Real Salt Lake Major League Soccer Team, and as a part of our visit, we got to ride the tram to one of the mountain peaks at the Snowbird ski resort. Here was our view from the top:

View from Hidden Peak

11,000 Feet

I had my Greek Key Afghan along for the ride with me, though I didn't take it up to the mountain top. However, it did enjoy the view from the parking lot:

Greek Key Afghan

And here's a photo that shows what progress on the afghan looked like last month:

Greek Key Afghan Progress Shot

The afghan actually turned into quite a mountain climber that week. For the 4th of July, I went to Snow Basin ski resort with my family, where we rode a gondola to the top to hear some live music and eat lunch at their Needles Lodge. I got a little knitting in, even though it was sweltering:

Knitting at the Top

And here is the lovely view from the top:

View from the top at Snow Basin

The second half of my vacation days turned out to be less of a vacation and more of an unexpected recovery time - I woke up the morning of July 5th in extreme pain. My mom came over and took me to the emergency room, and after five or six hours there, replete with blood tests, x-rays, morphine, and CT scans, the doctor determined I'd probably had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Which is seriously not fun, yo. Definitely some of the worst pain I've ever experienced, even compared to gall bladder attacks, severe food poisoning, and knee surgery. So I spent the rest of my time off mainly just recovering. I did receive these lovely get-well flowers from Charlie and his daughter, Molly, though they don't seem to have photographed very well:

Pretty flowers really do help you feel better

Molly and I did manage a visit to the zoo while I was recuperting, though:

Visiting the Butterflies

I guess that's it for now. I've still just been knitting on the afghan, whenever I manage to actually knit. I'm about half way through the fifth pattern repeat by now, and there will be 12 in the end. Also, Molly wanted to learn to knit, and so I got her some kid needles and pastel rainbow Red Heart. She picked it up really well for a five-year-old, I think!

I do still have some photos in my camera from Knitter Melissa T's baby shower, which I'll have to post in a little while. She gave birth to baby Emma one week ago.