KnitterPatter

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Stupid Things I Do: A Docu-drama

That does it. Today I have been faced with far too many examples of my own idiocy. I present to you a photograph of the most recent item:


Who could possibly need TWO?

Yes, that's right, I now have two copies of the August 2005 Knit 'N Style. I already question the wisdom of owning one copy, and now there are two. Though I am typically not fond of most of the "Style," I always seem to purchase the mag when it comes out, and therefore a while ago when I received a subscription offer in the mail, I said to myself "what the heck?," and I sent in the card. Then I proceeded to forget this entirely, and I purchased the latest issue. So naturally the mail brought me a reminder of my subscription this afternoon.

If you want it, it's yours to the first person to e-mail me your address at aeberinger at gmail dot com. In its defense, the majority of the patterns in this issue are NOT as horrid as the design on the cover (no offense if you actually like it, but, well, let's just say I don't love it), and there are even a few in there I would actually consider making, including some sock designs. It also features a little article on entrelac plus a few other random things.

Of course, this was nowhere near the first bit of stupidity that I discovered today. This morning I wanted to put on my brown suit jacket. When I couldn't find my brown suit, a dim recollection of taking that suit to the cleaners at some historic time started to dawn. A call to the cleaners uncovered the truth -- I'd dropped the suit off back in mid-April, and then forgotten it entirely.

True, I subsequently had two business trips, a house sold, a move, knee surgery, and more doctor and physical therapy visits than you can shake a stick at, but it does make me start to wonder how many other semi-important things have disappeared from my head entirely due to lack of short-term mental storage space. I remembered another one at lunchtime when I dropped off a car insurance payment for my mom and realized I have never cancelled my homeowner's insurance despite the fact that I no longer own a home. Now this magazine. Well, never a dull moment, I guess. It's like coming out of a coma, or slowly returning to yourself after suffering amnesia. I wonder what new things I'll remember tomorrow?